abuse is a Crime
What begins with control and emotional abuse often becomes physical violence.
Violence is a serious abuse of power, trust or dependency within a relationship. It can take many different forms such as physical, verbal, mental, emotional, sexual and financial abuse and may include neglect, intimidation, destruction of property and pets.
Under the Criminal Code of Canada, abuse is a Crime.
Do you think you are being abused?
Signs of Abuse
Does your partner:
- Hit, slap, kick, punch or push you around?
- Threaten to hurt you in other ways?
- Treat you like a possession, not a person?
- Force you to do things against your wishes?
- Constantly put you down?
- Constantly question your whereabouts?
- Force you to take part in sexual activity when you do not want to?
- Make threats about what will happen if you leave?
If any of this sounds familiar, you are in an abusive relationship. Without intervention this situation will likely intensify and worsen. Help is available. Call us at 1-877-800-2272.